Monday, August 24, 2009

Dreams of DSLR

I have been horrible about posting and I know it. I have been pretty busy with work and life and photo adventures. But the big thing that has taken up my free time is dreams of a DSLR. How to get one and what I will do with one once I have it.

There is one in particular I have been thinking about and looking into. Its new and can only be pre-ordered at the moment. It is a nikon D3000. I am unsure if I will end up purchasing this camera. I may just get a d40 or even a canon. There are alot of tough choices to make when looking into the right DSLR for you.

http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Product/Digital-SLR/25462/D3000.html


Something I realized in all of this, though, is that it doesn't matter which one I have, its about how I use it. The camera is only as good as I am, my photos won't be amazing just because I have a sweet camera, they'll be good because I let my creativity flow and captured things that are interesting and inspiring.

The last few posts have been portrait sessions, and this has also made me think. When I started out on this photo journey, I was dead-set that I never wanted to do portrait photography because I hate the idea of others putting their expectations on me. But, as I have traveled and explored I realized I love taking pictures of people and it is so satisfying to have the people love their images. I feel torn. I guess thats part of the adventure of it all though.

So I have done alot of photo adventuring lately and I haven't shared any of those images. So below are a few of my favorite from when my friend Sarah and I went to the Sugarloaf mountain area.







1 comments:

Mandy said...

Love the sunflower photos. What vibrant color!!!

Post a Comment