Sunday, August 2, 2009

the half blood prince

So I said I was going to post about going to see Harry Potter 6, but I lied. I was busy photo editing from some portrait shoots I did and didn't have a chance. As much as I know everyone was dying to hear about H.P., I feel like posting some stuff from those shoots.

So I went to the beach the weekend of July 18th, and my Aunt Cathy asked me to take some good pictures of my cousins because she doesn't have many of them together. I felt nervous and I felt a lot of pressure because I haven't really done much portraiture. I think that nerves and awkwardness aside it went well. Here are two of my favorites from that shoot.



My Friend Francie got engaged that weekend when I was at the beach and She asked me if I would do her engagement photos and I excitedly agreed. After I had some time to think through my decisions I freaked out a bit. I was afraid that I would disappoint them, and that the images would be boring and they would hate me forever. Obviously this was a bit disproportionate and dramatic, but all the same these were my fears. These fears prompted me to ask my parents to go with me to the locations of the pending shoot and do a mini test shoot with them. Well to my immense surprise, I got some great shots of the parentals. My parents have very few pictures together, seeing as my dad does not particularly enjoy having his photo taken, so I was glad to have some good pictures of them for my mom and family. Here are a couple of my favorites.



So I know that these aren't those most blow you away images, but I think they are pretty good considering I don't have much experience with taking pictures of people. I know that with each shoot I get better.
Well, its off to bed for me, because in the morning I am going along with my close friend, and seriously talented photographer Sarah Patch to do an engagement shot for my best friend Mandy and her fiance Joe.
I will post a few of the shots I've finished from the Francie + Aaron engagement shoot sometime tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment