Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 020

So honestly, yesturday's photo was pretty mediocre, but with the amount of energy I had, I'm happy I got a photo of the day at all. It fit in with the series I've been working on but I will probably re-do that theme after christmas when I have more time and a sweeter camera.

So far, I've had a lot of fun with this photo of the day thing. Its really stretched me. For another 10 days, I don't have the option of being lazy and uncreative, not unless I want to fail at this challenge. Yeah, my photos haven't all been good, or all that creative or inspired, but I have to think creatively to produce them. I have to come up with an idea, or see something I want to capture, I have to set it up or find it, I have to take a bunch of photos of it from different angles with different settings, and then I have to to edit them. Each photo of the day has about 20 "unsuccessful" photos behind it that all took at least 30 minutes of editing, whether or not I keep any of the editing choices is irrelevant. I've gone through that process pretty much every day for the last 20 days. It takes creative thought in the very least. I've had to continually remind myself of this, because most days I feel uterly uncreative. Expressing myself through art has always been a really relaxing and de-stressing process even though I'm rarely happy with the end product. Its just that the process is rejuvenating to me. For awhile I've felt discouraged and discontent with the art I create and had let that stop me from taking part in it, but this project has forced me back into and I am so glad for it. Its made me re-appreciate all the small things I enjoy, all the details that make my life full and rich. Its so easy to forget those things.

Well, enough with that little rant, and on to Today's photo. Today's photo of the day also fits in with the last few days, in that it has supplies from another kind of art.



0 comments:

Post a Comment