Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Distractions

ight now I am sitting in the Shock Trauma waiting room at University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore while my uncle is in surgery. We were allowed to go up and see him before he went in and I have to say, it was more difficult than I imagined it would be. When I was in Nursing school I had a rotation in the O.R., and in the ICU I've seen people Intubated and all that and its never been difficult for me to see or even bothersome, I'm very good at looking at things with a clincial eye, so I thought that this would be no different. But, to my surprise it was impossible to look at him that way. I guess its harder to see a someone you care about with all those tubes. The surgeon said he should be in surgery for anwhere between 2-4 hours, so now we play the waiting game. It could be anywhere from a few minutes to 3 more hours.

 I'm really glad that I brought my laptop with me otherwise I think I'd be going crazy, it gives me something else to focus on. I've been sitting here working on the Trash the dress photos for Mandy + Joe and its helped me take my mind of things a bit. This past month has been quite the journey. There have been so many people in my family that have been in and out of the hospital and there's been a lot of stress at work. I know that its made me a stronger person, that I will be able to endure more in the future. Its taught me how to push thru and compartmentalize things so that I can continue with my life at a somewhat normal pace.


Here's a little mini preview of the TTD session with Mandy + Joe. I'll post a full slideshow preview a little later today.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the first one. Great job Kels. Hang in there. I'll distract you soon with some mayhem & shopping! Love you!

Post a Comment