Monday, November 9, 2009

It's overhaulin time

So its been ages since I've updated the blog. I've been really busy with some many things. The main thing has been my Best Friend's wedding and all the preparations for that, which happened back in mid-October. And since then I've been trying to get in some quality time with my friends and family, as well as some quality time with my photo-editing software. The latest thing has been coming up with a logo. I haven't really had a signature look or style and so I felt that having some kind of logo to define Obscure Details would be a good thing. I have been working hard to come up with something.

Here is what I have so far:





So for now, this is going to be my stamp. Look for it in the bottom corner of my photos etc. and hopefully soon on my business cards and websites. It is a work in progress and I am still unsure about whether or not this really represents Obscure Details the way I want, but until I design something better, it will do.

Starting on Saturday 11/14/09 I plan to post 1 photo every day for the next 30 days. The inspiration behind this project is the "365" group on flikr. I stumbled upon it one day and got sucked in. Now, this is NOT going to be 30 days of self portraiture, because honestly I can't stand the idea of having to stare a pictures of myself for 30 days straight, but this project is similar in that I plan to take, edit and post 1 photo everyday during the determined time period. What that means is that everyday from 11/14/09 until 12/14/09, there will be a new blog post! Blows your mind right? Me too. I struggle to post monthly, let alone daily, but this will be a challenging adventure that will hopefully stretch my creativity.

So in the spirit of this idea, I have decided to post one of the photos I took on Sunday.

I've taken A LOT of pictures since the last time I posted and have yet to edit the bulk of them. I decided that I needed at least one that I was semi-happy with to post here today, and so this is it.

Enjoy!



I think what I really like about this photo is the sun flare. I've been quite enamored with sun flares as of late, and have been striving to get a really good one. I know that for so long sun flares have been a photography faux pas, and a thing to avoid at all costs, but something about a picture with a good one makes me feel as though I am basking in the warmth of the sun. Any photo that can evoke such a sensory experience is truly amazing art, and thus I have dedicated my creative efforts to finding such a sun flare. I am no master of photography or the sun flare, so I doubt if my photo creates such an experience for anyone else, but I hope that you can at least see a glimmer of that concept here. So onto the specifics... I love fall leaves and I felt inspired by the abundance of them in my backyard on Sunday afternoon and the light was just right for it. So there you have it folks, my fall sun flare photo.


On another note:
On Thursday night I leave for a mini-holiday down in Austin. I haven't been down there since the summer, and I must say I've really missed being there. The weather, the people, the city, the natural beauty all around, it really is an amazing place. I'm excited to spend some quality time in a City I love with the person/people I love so dearly. One of the main reasons I decided to start my "photo month challenge" on the Saturday when I will be down there, is that there is so much beauty to inspire me and I feel as though it will be a great way to start of this challenge.
Wish me luck, hopefully I'll show some measure of discipline and actually get this thing off the ground.

0 comments:

Post a Comment